Monday 6 February 2012

Tattoo you

No I haven't, but that kind of seems to be the theme of the day. All will become clear...
Great what you can do with a small tester pot of paint. I decided that the cream walls of my little den of sewing and all things creative just weren't inspiring- or warming or lets face it, interesting. And my use of flowerpots for tool holders, well the flower pots could be put to better use, as could some tin cans. So a small pot of paint, some fancy paper and a few tin cans later and this is what I ended up with.

Its just such a much nicer place to be. Plus, now Mr B has plugged the gap between the door and the window I could see daylight through, its a much warmer place to be, and lets face it in this weather at the moment that has to be the main priority!
In my vague attempt at a new years resolution- a little late in the day I grant you- I am intending to use up the big basket full of material I have accumulated over the last year. Buy less, use what I've already got. Which is where the tattoo-ey theme of the day has come from.
Use of piece of fabric part one. Pin board. With a bit of lace thrown in for good measure.
And something a little bit rock n'roll needs a skully pin cushion to go with it.

The other piece I teamed up with a piece of heatproof wadding and an old pair of jeans- yes another use for hubby's old jeans- to make a new pair of oven gloves. Mine are grubby, burnt and usually seen disappearing on the end of a small child so I can never find them. So time for a new pair.

I cut a couple of rectangles from the legs- about 75cm x 20cm and a piece of wadding the same, round the edges and sandwich it in between. I didn't have a long enough stretch of fabric to cut another rectangle that size so instead I cut a piece to cover the middle section then two pieces to make the mits which measure about 23cm x 20cm. The mit sections are two pieces of fabric sewn together along the straight edge right sides facing, then flip over and press the edge before sandwiching another piece of wadding in between them. Stack it all up- obviously one mit at each end, pin it and baste in place before edging it with bias tape. I like anything that looks quite nice, pink and girly from a distance but has a bit of an edge when you get close up. Rocking oven gloves!
So that's what I've been up to whilst enjoying the snow from a nice warm house. Now for a hot chocolate me thinks..
Take care. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment