Thursday 16 August 2012

A bit of fun.

Been a busy few weeks, school holidays not withstanding. I have been up to my eyeballs in repairs, which is fantastic from a monetary point of view, but leaves me with no time for crafty makes.

But I made time tonight (HUGE SMILEY FACE!!)

Big thanks to www.fleecefun.com for their fantastic mini top hat pattern. I have been predominantly gluing myself and bits of felt, feathers, lace, cogs...its been brilliant. And this is what I made:


I also broke out the Fimo. I have fond memories of making badges out of it and selling them to my school friends many, many years ago. Funny how things come full circle. This time I didn't opt for badges, but buttons. Simply roll it out to your desired thickness, press whatever stamps you like into it, cut to size and put holes in them. Then bake for thirty minutes, allow to cool, paint on some acrylic paint and wipe off so that the paint remains in the indents. Simples.


I finally put together a necklace I have been collecting the parts for, from the 'Steampunk Accessories' book (highly recommended if you like that kind of thing)

So that's it from me for now. I am at Fulmodeston Farmers Market on Saturday and after I've completed a rather hefty baritone saxophone overhaul I shall be back to crafting, and with 'Everything Oz' on my bookshelf, along with a corset making DVD, I shall be donning my ruby slippers and lacing up!
Take care. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment