Monday 6 January 2014

The diet starts tomorrow..

Well, actually it started today. I meant to write this post yesterday! So, happy new year to you. Is it too late to be wishing that now? Christmas seems like a long time ago now, as always, all of that panic, the last minute wrapping and present making, well it all came together and a good time was had by all.
New year prompts resolutions, doesn't it? To be honest, I cant remember my resolutions from last year- maybe I'll have to go back to my post this time last year and find out. I imagine they were along the lines of eat more healthily, exercise more, be more organised, drink less wine, blah, blah.
What I have noticed this year in magazines and blogs, even on the radio today, is a move towards more positive resolutions. Of course, the bog standard ones above are all positive changes you are making towards your lifestyle, but they are accentuating the aspect of your life you're not happy about. I have found from past experience that I make those kind of changes when the time is right for me. Lets face it, post Christmas, when you have a pile of chocolate, biscuits and wine is a really bad time to kick start a diet with constant temptation under your nose!
The is a definite shift to making your resolitions about doing more things, fun, excitimg things.
So I'll start the diet when I'm good and ready thanks.
And I resolve to learn how to crochet, make more pretty things and drink more tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment