Tuesday 3 April 2012

My favourite tutorials

Ah, yes. But before I get onto that, am I late to the party on this one? After a little nose through Urban Threads tutorials a couple of weeks back, I found mention of a fabric that you could put through the printer. Fantastic! Had a dig on eBay et voila! A couple of quid for an A4 sheet. Worth a go. And it worked.
Then I found out that it wasn't necessary to go to that expense, that ironing some freezer paper onto the back of some cotton or calico, does the job just as well! I'm probably inproportionately excited about this. As my new bag will adequately demonstrate:


Anyway, I spend a probably inordinate amount of time plundering the Internet for new ideas and new tutorials. I suspect I'm not alone there, but here are three of my absolute favourites at the moment.

Binding a hardback notebook
For this one you want to head over to www.instructables.com . The tutorial I followed was "How to bind your own hardback book" by KaptinScarlet. Really straightforward instructions and it works. I have made two or three now. The first attempt was a little untidy on the inner covers, but, hey, practise makes perfect, and I just love the idea of totally personalising your own little notebook. (Step forward printing onto fabric again!!) Lace boots then corset on. Sterling advice.

Credit Card Wallet
Moving away from corsettry, I make loads of purses as you may have noticed, but always need somewhere to put my cards. Having them floating around loose in my purse is a definite no, and this tutorial is sooo simple. I made three or four for the last craft fair I did and sold the lot. (Note to self-need to make some more for this weekend!) Step over to www.mysocalledgreenlife.com and get going!


Sprocket Pillows
Had a bit of a session making cushions for the sofa the other week. To be fair, I only made two but this was enough for Mr B to start taking the mick. It was a slight reaction to the fact that we can never have too many cushions on the sofa because they invariably go walk about on the end of a small child and said small child knows you're still sitting on one, even if she can't see it. Don't know how she does that. Anyway, that combined with an influx of old jeans led to this, from a tutorial on www.cluckclucksew.com

Which sits neatly alongside:



And if, just if, guys liked bunting, do you think it'd be a little like this?
Turned out a little more macho than I counted on. Never mind.
Right I'm off to play with a load of watch parts and some araldite. Fun, fun, fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment