Friday 27 April 2012

And so it rained...

and rained and rained.

We've just taken on an allotment which was obviously the horticultural equivalent of buying a pair of sunglasses. Its thrown it down with rain ever since. Which would be fantastic had we actually had chance to get down there and get some plants/crops in, but at present, all we're cultivating is weeds. humph.

Anyway, to matters less muddy. After my excitement of discovering the ability to print on fabric, I thought I would experiment further. Decoupage paper is really quite expensive and invariably not to my taste so I wondered if you could iron some freezer paper onto the back of some tissue paper and print your own.
And you can! However, getting the freezer paper off the back of the tissue paper is a tad more time consuming and several attempts were ripped in the process. But I have successfully decoupaged (is that a word?) some key rings and coasters.

I also in my web travels this week, found a pretty cool cross stitch pattern. Now I have several cross stitch books and I like the idea, but I invariably find that my need for quick gratification is not fulfilled by it. I haven't got the patience. But this is an silicone iphone case, and the subject, the Tardis.

You can find the pattern here: www.thezenofmaking.com in the tutorials section.

And finally, one of the newsletter emails I received this week put me on to the idea of mug rugs. Its a bit bigger than a coaster, with enough room for a cuppa and a cake, or your snack of choice, which is a pretty neat idea. So I followed this tutorial here: www.thesplitstitch.com, then went for my own steampunky version too.


Time for a cuppa, methinks.

2 comments:

  1. Have you seen the knitted Tardis here: http://www.instructables.com/id/The-Tardis---knitted/ ? Almost makes me want to take out some knitting needles. Almost, but not quite! Love the phone case!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm with you on that. Almost makes me want to knit, almost..!

    ReplyDelete