Thursday 6 February 2014

Get the most out of your Sunday lunch part 2

Chicken Soup

There are loads of really easy recipes floating around on Pinterest. This is my version.
You will need:
Plain flour
Oil
Onion
Chicken stock
Optional:
Bacon
Chicken
Mushrooms

I fried up half a diced onion in some oil until translucent, then l sprinkled over a couple of tablespoons of flour and stired to coat the onions. Gradually add your chicken stock a ladle at a time and stir it in well to get rid of any lumps. I use about a pint of stock. Season well and add a splash of milk to give it that 'cream of' look. In the first version I made I fried some bacon with the onion along with some mushrooms too. And of course you can throw in a handfull of your roast chicken as well.

One of these day I'll get these apps working properly. I can only apologise for the lack of photos. Aparently the format isnt supported. Grrr. These things are sent to try us I guess.

As for the other two batches of chicken, well this week, Monday saw us with a chicken and brocolli stirfry and on Tuesday I used it with some mushrooms and pasta in a Philadelphia sauce. Of course curry is also a firm favourite, or chicken pie, chicken and mushroom risotto.. the list goes on.
So that how you get more out of your chicken for the money!


No comments:

Post a Comment