Wednesday 20 July 2011

Its chaos here. Seriously. We're in the process of fitting a new kitchen into our current dining room and its just getting to the messy stage. The plumber has been in today and done a sterling job in the face of a barage of questions from daughter number one. Who is three years old. But whose knowledge of plumbing is now good enough for her to give the plumber an appraisal of his work Apparently he did a very good job!
So on an evening like this, once the girls are sound asleep (while the peace lasts), I take myself away to my workshop. This is my do everything place. My sanctury. Somewhere I can tuck myself away, shut the, I wish it was a door, but currently its just a stairgate; and do what I want to do, or need to do. Sometimes its in my professional guise as a musical instrument repairer and the place (and me) gets very messy with key oil, duraglit and soldering equipment. Or sometimes its with the sewing machine out and the latest piece of material I've just purchased from the fabric shop. It doesn't really matter. Its my hideaway and I love it.

This evening I decided to make another bag from a pair of old jeans. In my efforts to lose weight after having the children, I've ended up with quite a few pairs of jeans which no longer fit. Most of them have now a new lease of life as bags or aprons.
I made this one a while ago. Its big, with loads of pockets and carries everything I need; nappies, juice bottles etc, plus my stuff too. Tonight I went for a slightly more refined version, more summery, with a few pleats thrown in for good measure. I love putting pleats in a bag, (think I'm slightly obsessed) but it creates a lovely shape and structure.

Once I've got my pictures sorted, I'll post a tutorial.
This is my first posting and it wasn't as difficult as I expected it to be. I kind of launched in there, hope you'll forgive me for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment