Wednesday 27 July 2011

Letting the dust settle.

And it has. Dust everywhere. Every surface has that fine, grainy texture that just doesn't seem to want to go away. But I'm not going to complain, I think I'll just teach the girls how to use a duster effectively! Because I have a shiny new kitchen and everything works. If I sound surprised at that, I don't mean to, its just gone so smoothly so far.
The only thing I don't have and I didn't even consider, is the crap drawer. The one that's always stuffed with bags, batteries, old mobiles, pens that don't work.. I could go on, but I think Michael McIntyre got there before me! I'm now on the hunt for a new home for junk, because its not welcome in the new room.

Tomorrow night, I will quite literally move the kitchen sink, (how we wound up with two, I'm not quite sure), off my work bench and get cracking on my new purse. I get the purse frames at ridiculous prices off eBay then cover myself in glue making the things. I've made several now and can't seem to be able to do it in a non messy way. I got the pattern off u-handbag, nice and simple and adaptable to any size frame.
But for tonight I think a nice glass of red and a browse of Making magazine. I bought it last week, but haven't really had chance to read it properly. Something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment