Friday 29 June 2012

Live to craft..

It can be a bit disheartening this selling your crafts malarky. Every time I buy a craft magazine I read about people who make a living from selling their wares. But for every one of those lucky souls, there must be literally thousands like me, who are thankful just to cover their costs at craft fairs and farmers markets. After a complete washout at the village fair;
its not very easy to tell, but that was taken in the middle of a thunder storm; I did get to wondering why exactly I was doing this, was I just wasting my time? I'm sure everyone has those doubts from time to time. Am I trying to sell my stuff in the wrong places, am I just making the wrong things? Its a very difficult thing to get right.
Then a very good friend reminded me that I do this because I couldn't imagine a world without being creative. Just like I play my instruments for my own pleasure and write stories for my eyes only, I make things because I love doing it, I love the sense of achievement when you can sit back and admire your handiwork. Sometimes you just need reminding of that, especially after a rubbish day!

So with that in mind, I have given myself a mental kick up the backside and heading for the Norwich Lanes summer fair on the 8th July. Its a much bigger event than I've ever attended before, but with a huge footfall anticipated, plus the fact that its in the city rather than a little village, I'm hoping for good things. Fingers crossed anyway.
And I've made some new notebooks just for the occasion.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment