Sunday 3 June 2012

Oops..

Its been a while :-)
Post farmers market a few weeks ago I haven't had the need to maker any more stock and various other things i.e. work, has taken over my evenings, so instead of  leaning over a hot sewing machine, I have been up to my elbows in tarnished flutes, broken saxophones and school clarinets. I have just laid down my silver cloth for the night after sticking a spring under my fingernail. And yes it hurts!
So what I have made recently has been just for me, which is always kind of nice.
I haven't strayed from my favourite pattern, but I have added an adjustable strap and I love it!

The oops title however, comes from last nights efforts. Bit of fabulous fabric. Perfect for a laptop case, me thinks. I have a quick search and find a simple zippered laptop sleeve at http://www.crapivemade.com/2010/07/zippered-laptop-sleeve-tutorial.html and follow the instructions to a T.

What can go wrong? I've done this kind of thing many times before.

And the end result is lovely.


But I didn't take this into account:

THAT battery or whatever it is, is the reason why it doesn't quite fit by about a centimetre. It only zips up if you take that off and if you do that, the laptop obviously doesn't work.
 Hmmm.
I'm a little annoyed.
It'll appear for sale on my website soon. When I get round to getting my site done that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment