Tuesday 20 November 2012

Chorizo and Seafood Soup

Proclaimed by Mr B to be his favourite meal the other week, this soup is simple and very, very tasty. Which is all you can really ask of a dish. It also coverts easily into a meal for the children who are not so soup friendly. And Mr B is in the good books at the moment for finally putting some plasterboard up on the kitchen ceiling. Its been a long time coming. That's all I shall say. At this rate I shall be painting next week. I'll dust off my rollers!
Anyway, to the soup.
Ingredients.

100g Chorizo, diced
Red pepper, diced
Tin of chopped tomatoes
200ml vegetable or fish stock
Packet of mixed seafood (prawns, squid, mussels)

Fry the chorizo first to release the oil from it, then add the pepper and fry to soften. Once the pepper is cooked a little, add the tinned tomatoes and stock and allow to simmer for about ten minutes. I like to use Marigold bouillon stock powder, it seems to have a magic touch and can really pull dishes around. Add the seafood and cook for a couple more minutes. Then season and serve!
Sometimes I add some pasta to it to make it more substantial, and for the girls I give them predominantly pasta and use the soup as a sauce over the top of it.


A bowl full of loveliness, just what you need on a cold, windy evening.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment