Sunday 23 June 2013

Too Many Bags..?

Is there such a thing as too many bags? My husband may well think so. He won't say it to my face but I can tell from the look on his face when I emerge from the workshop with my latest creation. And although, this week I am two bags up on last week, I still need one for my cameras and a sports bag. Oh, and maybe a rucksack too!
The first bag of the week is this lovely offering. 

I have mental images of being able to head off down to the beach with this one (hence the ladies in bikinis), but s the weather stands at the moment, I could be waiting a while to fulfil that particular picture. 
This was made using a fab freebie pattern from the u-handbag site. It's called the Love Basket and was easy to make but the addiction of the bamboo handles gives it a professional finish. I do like adding handles to bags, but they do substantially increase the cost of the raw materials, which always needs to be taken into account if you're planning on selling your lush new creation.  
The second bag of the week was one I bought. Now, I can't actually remember the last time I bought a bag. I tend to just have a close look then make my own version, but this one I couldn't resist!

It's so unusual and fun, puts a smile on my face. (Search for Jump From Paper)

It will be bags to one side for this week though, well unless they're party bags that is! I have a house full of five year olds next Saturday and a Pinterest board full of ideas, I just need to get the two to meet!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment