Monday 22 August 2011

A quiet afternoon

So what do I find myself doing, when left with only one child to look after? Well in amongst, playing catch, changing DVDs and trying to decipher the language of a two year old, quite obviously I'm sat at my laptop. There's a Selmer baritone saxophone that's lurking in my workshop in need of a little TLC and threatening to take over the weeks worth of evening time.
So, a quick catch up. A couple of weeks ago, I was in the process of spray painting a bed for Willow. Well its finished and in situ and she loves it.
Not bad for the price of a tin of paint and a couple of sheet of stickers off eBay.

Yesterday, I also achieved a quiet afternoon in without any children what so ever. Usually this would be an opportunity for a workout, but as I had put all of my kit in the wash that morning (shame!), I had chance to finish off the bag I had been working on the previous evening. It had taken me a little longer to complete because I was also nosing round the door, half watching X Factor as well. This one I had been plotting for a while. Its a pattern taken from Lisa Lam's The Bag Making Bible. It should have piping around it, but I don't have the right foot for my machine (and it did look a little complicated). I also, not that I'm making excuses or anything, suspected my machine may have had a nervous breakdown at having to sew through any more layers.
I absolutely love this bag and will be keeping it. Husband pointed out that I am supposed to be making the bags to sell them, but that never was the plan with this one..

A little while later...

Quiet afternoon interrupted. As is so often the case. Never mind. And now my work space looks like this.
Proper work. Now I know for a fact that there is enough room to swing a baritone in my workshop! And when it comes to saxophones, as far as I'm concerned, bigger is most definitely better. Off to work I go then...xx




No comments:

Post a Comment