Tuesday 13 September 2011

Speedy Supper

I love cooking, but sometimes, certainly more often these days, I find that my time is limited and my attention divided so its useful to have a few very fast store cupboard recipes in the bag. I can't remember where this one came from, but I've been cooking it for years and its always a guaranteed cleared plate meal.

Chorizo and Tomato Pasta

Serves two (and two children)

Put enough pasta to feed the desired number of people on to boil. (The pasta that is, not the people).
In a frying pan pour in a tin of tomatoes. Add half a chorizo (About 100 - 150g) sliced along with a pinch of salt and sugar, a grind of pepper and about half a teaspoon of rosemary, fresh or dried, doesn't matter. then stir in a couple of tablespoons of creme fraiche or cream, stir and leave to simmer until the pasta is ready.

I have tried adding mushrooms to this and also putting in a pinch of chili flakes too for a bit of a kick.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment