Saturday 24 September 2011

Burn baby, burn...

Well another craft fair done with. Hmm. Sold even less than last time and last times sales equalled one bag. You get the picture. But on the plus side, I did get to meet some lovely people, make some new contacts with possibilities of Christmas markets (and lets face it, if you can't sell then, then there's no hope!) and I got my hand embroidery on!
So that's what you can get done in four hours. More productive than variations on eye spy? Probably not quite as entertaining but there is an end product.

Never mind. I'm not down beat, quite the contrary in fact. I find I'm in the position that I have too many ideas of what I want to do, its just that they're not big money spinners! Can't have everything I suppose. So after spending a sunny morning stuck in a town hall, and the afternoon at the playground its time to play with the new toy. I hope the sewing machine doesn't take offense at being shunted to the side lines for a while but burning stuff is just so much fun.

This was my first attempt at pyrography. After ripping out half of the downstairs there is plenty of wood floating around the exterior of the house, so plenty to practice on. I have to say though, I'm pleasantly surprised with the outcome and I'm kind of wishing that I'd used a cleaner piece of wood now.
Steam punk fairy.. (this might get the addition of a few watch parts)
Kitchen Witch.

All designs from Urban Threads

Loving the smell of burning wood in the evening!

Take care. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment