Tuesday 13 May 2014

Fashion, beauty and grooming

You'd think that being an Avon representative, I'd have the whole make up and beauty thing sorted. A couple of months ago, make up free selfies were doing the rounds on Facebook. But that's me on a day to day basis. I don't wear make up beyond mascara. I don't like the feel of it, I can't stand lipstick and in all honesty I think my skin is a lot better for it. 
That's not to say I don't care about my appearance, although those of you who see me on the school run may disagree, I don't know! I wage an ongoing battle with my hair. It's never red enough- I would love it to be something like this:
And it's naturally curly, but not in the way that my girls' is- lovely ringlets, no, mine is just frizz. This is not aided by the weathers persistence of raining at school run times. 
As far as fashion goes, I'm one of those people who never really graduated beyond student. I don't know how to wear 'grown up' clothes, I live in jeans and trainers and a lot of my clothes have come into and gone out of fashion several times, I don't iron and I don't hang clothes up, they get stuffed into drawers. But one thing I do love doing is upcycling clothes. When jeans wear out I make then into skirts, I've made jeans that are too big into skinnies, cut up old T-shirts for workout tops or scarves. And these are a couple of projects I intend to try next. 
So, see me down the charity shop in the next few days in search of mens shirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment