Monday 11 November 2013

A Make Over

Today I had my make up done for me by my very lovely friend Gemma of Belle Beaufighter's Beauty. 
Now I'm not one for make up. My beauty regime consists of moisturiser, mascara. That's pretty much it. I guess, especially as I'm an Avon representative, I probably should make more of an effort, but I've fallen kind of lucky with my skin and I can get away without foundation. I don't eat desperately healthily, I don't drink a lot of water, although I probably drink too much wine. Maybe it's the fact that I don't wear make up which has left me with good skin- I can't remember which came first, not wearing make up nor clear skin. 
I did used to go all out, especially during my goth days, heavy eyeliner, pale skin- you get the idea! But now I don't have the time, or the inclination. Plus my tastes have changed somewhat!

We went for the natural look with smoky eyes and it was great to learn how do apply make up properly, especially eyeliner and eye shadow. It can be easy to get stuck in a rut with make up, as with everything. Time passes by so quickly and I know I have moments when I wonder if I'm dressing appropriately for my age or if my wardrobe hasn't actually changed since my teens. 
This hasn't (sorry Gemma!) convinced me to go out every day in full make up and I'll still probably never get to grips with lipstick, but what it has done is given me the confidence to dig out some of my make up- especially as I keep getting it as a gift from Avon- and try a few new things.
However, if you see me in the school run looking like a smudged panda, please let me know in the gentlest way possible!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment