Monday 25 November 2013

One month to go...


Ooh, this blooming computer stuff (technical term) completely foxes me (that's foxes not fixes autocorrect). I've just done this blog post once, checked a link, got stuck in the link, lost the post. 
Grrrr...

Yes, it's the twenty fifth of November. One month to go. One moment it's all witches, pumpkins and fireworks, the bam, it's the end of the month, nearly time to dust off the Christmas tree. And am I one of those organised people that I keep talking to, who have already got their shopping done, got their cards written? Am I heck!
I have a cake made and a vague notion of what I might make for presents. And generally my Christmas cards get sent on the last day of posting. (Love making gifts, hate writing cards- need to read my last post when it comes to those!)
 We don't really have any Christmas traditions in our house, I just know that it's so much more fun now because of the children. But my own personal tradition is to make little hampers of tasty (or at least I hope they are) morsels, jars of jams and chutneys. Perhaps some sweets this year if I get adventurous with my new purchase of The Vintage Sweets Book.
I certainly know, not to give too much away, that some of the inspiration will come from this page. I'm not going to test the link this time. Two times is enough to write a post! http://www.thekitchn.com/homemade-holiday-gifts-from-th-133621

Lots of yummy stuff there. Better get on with it I guess!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment