Sunday 24 November 2013

Motivation

Yes, the subject of the day. Those of you who may have read my blog over the last year will know that I have struggled with the motivation to get off my backside and make things of an evening, but I like to think that generally I am a fairly well motivated person. 
I have been self employed for six years now, so I've always had to be disciplined to get on and do my work, not be distracted by other things around the house that might need doing. Sometimes it can be hard to get yourself going as there are always other things you can find to do. 
This is maybe a little to the point. But it is true, the only person who is going to be disappointed by your lack of motivation is ultimately, you.
 After my two children were born I'd decided that it was time to try and find something that vaguely resembled my body before two babies, now that took some serious motivation. To stick to the diet. To exercise every evening. But I tend to find that once you get started its nowhere near as bad as you might expect. And after a while, I enjoyed the exercise, I didn't mind the dieting. And it was worth it because the hard work paid off.
So as far as my tips for motivation go, just start. Give it ten minutes, because chances are, that ten minutes will be half an hour before you've even noticed.


 

1 comment:

  1. Great blog Caroline. And so true! I loved the quote. I hope you don't mind if I share it!

    ReplyDelete