Monday 18 November 2013

It's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas..

Nothing says that like the smell of a freshly baked Christmas cake. 

Looking a bit dark on the picture there, but I can assure you that it's not burnt!
 A great tip that I never knew. If you create a dip in the centre of the cake batter before baking, you get a lovely flat top to your cake! Loving simple tips like that- thanks Lorraine Pascale- and for once the timing were right for this cake!
The other Christmas thing I will be doing this week, apart from panicking that everyone seems to have done all their presents and I have barely started, is to make an Elf on the Shelf. Sent by Santa, the elf watches the goings on of the junior members of the household by day and report back to Santa at night. 

If I can come close to this level of cuteness, I'll be well pleased!
That's me done for the evening. I'm just going to sit here in my spice scented house!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment