Tuesday 5 November 2013

Remember, remember..

We've just been standing with our noses glued to the window trying to see the fireworks but they only seem to be going off when our backs are turned. I love bonfire night, I have endearing memories of watching firework displays, frozen to the bone, toes so cold you couldn't feel them despite copious pairs of socks. For the last couple of years we have let off fireworks in the back garden, and watched from indoors. Much warmer. I am such a wuss!
 When I lived in Leeds the fireworks used to start around mid October then pretty much carry on through to New Year. Very celebratory. 
But my reason for liking Bonfire night so much is that it's also my birthday, something my girls are infinitely more excited about than me. Maybe it's because they get to decorate cake

open presents, and blow out candles

And me, I have this for later
Happy days!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment