Saturday 9 November 2013

To blog or not to blog

So the suggested subject for this evening - and this is a challenge that quite a lot of bloggers are undertaking, so there is a calendar of topic prompts- is why do we blog? And with anything else escaping me this evening, I'll go with that!

I initially started up my blog because I had aspirations of having a little craft business and it is one of the suggested things you do. 
At eighty plus posts down now, I can barely remember the first one. I certainly know I'm an awful lot less nervous about publishing a post now, I just stick it up there. I still have no idea about how Blogger works and my photos are still lousy. I look at other people's blogs and I'm very jealous of how they look, all glossy and professional. Maybe one day!

My stories are hidden away in copious numbers of folders and no, that's not a euphemism for something, it's literally true. I adore writing. If I'm not sitting on the sofa at the end of the day with a pen in my hand and my pad on my lap, there's something seriously wrong- or I'm watching Tom Hardy on the TV. The fictional stories I write will probably never be seen by anyone else, but for some reason I feel perfectly happy putting little insights of my life up on the Internet. To know that a few people read it and enjoy it it is kinda cool, to get the odd complement makes me feel very proud. I'm better at being me from behind a computer than in person!


I didn't do that and, as you can probably tell, I still don't have the answer. But I do it because I enjoy it. When if becomes a chore, I'll stop. (Could be the end of this month if I run out of things to say!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment