Wednesday 13 November 2013

Hairy Dieters Recipe Test

I have an extensive collection of cookery books as my husband will testify to. I like to think I'm a vaguely decent cook, despite the fact that every so often my children proclaiming my meals to be yucky. This does usually coincide with the introduction of the alien vegetables onto their plate. If its not peas, they're not interested!
However I do find that some recipe books are a little hit and miss. I have a couple of Lorraine Pascale books and the cooking times she gives never work for me. I made my birthday cake from one of her recipes and it took twice as long to cook as she stated. Lovely cake though. The Vintage Tea Party books are the other ones I struggle with. I love them, don't think I've got a recipe to work for men from them yet!
I bought the Hairy Dieters first book and was impressed. And the girls ate the food too, so to buy the second one seemed like a good idea. 
This evening I made the Beef Ravioli with Tomato Sauce.   
It is a very time consuming recipe. Definitely not one to be rushed and it takes some preparation too. I think by the time I had made the filling and let it cool and the dough sit for an hour, then rolled out thirty circles of dough, filled them and cooked them, we were well over two hours. 

Those are my little raviolis ready to hit the pan. The instructions were easy to follow and I have to say that the end result was delicious. Not only that, both the girls cleared their plates too which is a definite result!
 

I know, I wouldn't score any marks for presentation on Masterchef. But yummy food from the Hairy Dieters Eat For Life and low fat too.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment