Wednesday 27 November 2013

Yes Moments

I had to quickly check exactly what was meant by this. This yes moment is when you get that instant of complete clarity, when everything falls into place. 
I had to think about this. Hard. 
Much as I wanted it to be something like the birth of my children or the day I got married, the one moment that stands out in my mind, the time that everything clicked was the first time I took a flute to pieces. 
I don't know whether that's kinda sad or not. But I'd been looking for a bit of direction, not really sure what I wanted to do with my music degree- and let's face it, teaching music aside, the options are a little limited; I didn't want to be working in a music shop forever. But I went on a technical day, learnt a tiny amount about the mechanics of a flute and that moment I knew that was what I wanted to do. 
Eleven years later, I'm still doing it. Gets my brain working!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment